• Published Date

    September 17, 2018
    Learn More, Click Here.

Ad Text

PROMOTION EU nationals ana BrexiT vour questions answered Brexit has created uncertainty for many EU nationals living in Devon. In late August this year the Home Office issued new guidance on what EU nationals living in the UK need to do. Exeter-based immigration solicitor Lisa Mulholland has helped hundreds of people navigate the complicated Home Office appication process. Here she answers some common questions MY CHILDREN ARE ALSO EU NATIONALS LIVING WITH ME IN THE UK, WHAT DO INEED TO DO FOR THEM? It is advisable to include your nationalchildren asdependants inany applications that you make tothe Home Officeregardingyourstatus, Youwill be required to provide evidence than they areyourchildren and livingwshyouat WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I DON'T MAKE AN APPLICATION TO THE HOME OFFICE BEFORE THE CUT I AM AN EU NATIONAL LIVING WHEN DO I NEED TO MAKE AN dbe subjected to the Home Office's IN DEVON. DO I NEED TO MAKE APPLICATION TO THE HOME hostile environment policy. If this is AN APPLICATION TO THE HOME OFFICE BY AND HOW DO I GO the case you are likely to experience OFFICE TO REMAIN LIVING HERE? ABOUT IT? Although there have been no changes EU nationals who have been living in holidays, working,accessinghealthcare to the rights of EU nationals in the the UK for at least ive years prior to orbeingliable for hospital feesl opening UK at present, the Home Office has 3t December 2020 will need tomake upbank accounts, renting propertyand made it clear that all EU nationals applications to the Home Office for obtaining a driving licence living in the UK at the end of the Brexit settled status. Those who have spent transition period will be required to lesstimeliving here will be required make applications to the Home Office apply for pre-settled status, toconfirm their status in the UK. difficulties re-entering the UK after Lisa Mulholand is a solicitor in the immigration team at Stephens Soown LLP in Exeter. The team is unique n the region as it advises both individuals and businesses on due course DOES IT MATTER THAT IAM MARRIED TO A BRITISH CITIZEN? Unortunaaely you will still need tomake an application irrespective of whether you are married to a British Citizen or not. This is the case even if you have never previously relled on a visa to remain in the JK on this basis. The new one application system is likely to be fully in force by 30 March 2019, leaving a period f two years for you to submit your application. You will still need to apply even if you currently have a registration certificate orapermanent al aspects of UK mmigration law Stophens Scown LLP Curzon House, Southermhay Wost, Exoter, Devon EX1 1RS